Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Well, we finally arrived in Michigan late Monday night. Jake and our brother-in-law, Jeff, drove the moving truck while Luke and I flew out a few days later. I don't know which was easier, driving a truck cross country for three days or a four hour flight with Luke! We decided to rent a house our first year out here until we get a little more familiar with the area. We have been busy cleaning, unpacking and doing a little more dejunking. I will take some pictures once we are a little more settled. The weather hasn't been too bad so far, mid to upper 80's, but high humidity. I'm going to have to adjust to having frizzy hair all the time! Luke seems to be adjusting pretty well if only he had a few friends. However, we have heard the ward is awesome and has lots of kids Lukes age. So, we look forward to going to church on Sunday. That's just a little update from us in Michigan. Below are a few pictures of some of our friends and family we got to visit with before we moved (I wish I had taken more pictures). Luke with his cousin Jill. Always up to double the trouble!

My sisters and Mom planned one more fun girls day before I left. We all got a well deserved pedicure and then went out to lunch. This is my sister Sarah and I.
This is me with three of my sisters, Kim, Susan and Sarah after lunch at Rumbi Grill (another one of my favorite places to eat).
I also got to meet up with my cute friend Steph and her family before we left. Although a short visit, it's always fun to see her. Hopefully one of these days we will live a little closer to each other.
Luke and Sky couldn't get enough of the motorcycle ride at the mall!

Luke with his cousin and good buddy "Rynin". Jake, against my will, buzzed Luke's hair about a week ago...at least it will grow back!
Luke and baby Kate, one of his good friends from Las Vegas.
This is me with my one of my good friends, Jessica, from Las Vegas. Before I left Las Vegas, she planned a girls night with some of our friends. We went to dinner at the White Chocolate Grill and they suprised me with some gifts for our little one on the way (I forgot to take pictures). I'm really going to miss, and already do, all my Las Vegas friends. Love you girls!

7 comments:

The Summerhays Crew said...

I can't believe your really gone! I keep waiting for your car to drive by or see you and Lukey at the pool :( Well, I am glad you arrived safely in Michigan and I wish I was there to help you unpack and hang out. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!! Keep blogging with lots of pictures, we miss u!!

Sarah Lee said...

Those pictures seem so familiar. (Almost like I was there :)
We will just have to keep that up. Sending lots of pictures back and forth and talking everyday. It really makes it seem like you are closer.

Liz said...

I still can't believe Jake is done with school! That is exciting that you guys are moving on to a new chapter in your life! I know you guys will meet people and make friends fast. we miss you guys and wish you luck in your new home. We will have to meet up one of these days at our parents house! :)(Keep me posted on your visits to S.S.)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Awww.. how fun...

I remember when us "heart moms" went to that bar and grill..

such fun...

I'm so sad you moved :-(

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I want to see pics of your new home!!!

Lacey said...

I am so glad to hear that you all made it safe and sound and that you are starting to settle in. We miss you tons and tons! Cade keeps asking to "go to Lukes house" and I have to keep reminding him that it is "far, far away" to which he replies, "lets get tickets and go see him on an airplane!" If only life could be that simple :) We love and miss you guys!

PartyofFive said...

Why didn't my husband (who was taking that picture) tell me to put my legs together! :) Uggghhh... at least I got to meet up with you and Luke and say hello. I so wish you were already done with Michigan and headed to Salt Lake. I would love to hang out at the pool with you. Someday, even if it's when our kids are all grown up, we'll have to find a pool to hang out by together. Good luck in your new climate! Keep the blog going! I love it!