Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It' official...

Jake graduated from medical school last weekend!!! We are thrilled for him on this huge accomplishment. Thank you to friends and family who gave us lots of love and support throughout this whole experience. Jake right before the graduation ceremony.

Jake had the opportunity to have his father hood him at the ceremony.

Some of Jake's supporters. They lasted a few minutes before my Dad had to take them outside the remainder of the ceremony.
My parents came for the graduation as well as my sister Kate and her cute family. This is a picture of my Mom with my niece Licity.
A family picture taken after the graduation ceremony. We were all a little hot(100+temp), hungry and tired towards the end!

Jake's school colors are blue and gold, the green represents doctor of medicine. Jake also graduated with honors(3.5GPA or higher). Way to go Jake!
Jake standing next to his biggest supporters, his parents!

My parents with my sister Kate's kids. We are also thrilled for my parents who recieved their mission call to Romania. They will be leaving the first week in July. Although we are very excited for them, they will also be greatly missed. Congratulations Mom and Dad!

Jake's sister Karen and her cute family also came for Jake's graduation.

Luke couldn't care less about the graduation ceremony but had a great time playing with his cousin Jill!

9 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

That is just so AWESOME!! Way to go Jake! You just look like a doctor now! Congratulations!

So Amy, You and your family will soon be off to new and exciting things. You will be missed here. But, I am still expecting the daily phone calls, the blog updates and the weekly recipe questions :)

BTW -I love the picture of you and Luke with Jake after the ceremony. You look great!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Congrats Jake! Of course you graduated with honors..thats awesome. I can't beleive time is coming to an end and you will be leaving us soon :( I am really going to miss you Amy. especially your chocolate chip cookies diet coke runs!!

About Me said...

Congrats Jake! That is so exciting for you and your family! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. We hope you all the best. Good luck in your new chapter in life.

PartyofFive said...

I love it, Amy you haven't changed at all since you've been in Vegas, "chocolate chip cookies and diet coke." You're a crack up! You look adorable by the way. The diet coke must be cancelling out any chocolate chip cookie calories you're eating! I'm jealous. I wish I looked as good as you do prego! I miss you and wish you were back in Utah already. It's gone fast though since you've been in Vegas. I hope the next segment goes fast too so you can come back and hang out with me!!!! Tell Jake CONGRATS!!! That's so cool. But congrats to you for making it through as the Med school wife. I can imagine it was hard at times. :) So big hugs to both of you. The Jorgensen family wishes you well and HOPES we can see you, even if for just a second to take a picture with you, when you pass through UT on your way to Michigan.

The Wynn Family said...

Congratulations! I can't believe the time has flown by!!! We are all done. We will miss you guys.

CCmomma said...

Yeah for Jake! Call me when you want me to drop off your boy burps!~Corrine

Paige said...

Congratulations Jake!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Congratulations!!

What great pictures...
and what a great looking family...

you're all soooo good looking!!

We are so very proud of you...
and considering all the additional stress you had to endure....

Wow... amazing family you all are!!

I think you all have moved by now.. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to get together....