Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Finally feeling better
So life has been crazy since our little Colton arrived. I know, no excuse not to blog! The Sunday after I had Colton, I was feeling fine until I layed down to take a nap. I woke up with the chills and couldn't stop shivering. Jake took my temp and I had a low grade fever, so he called my OB. Since it was only four days after I had the baby, my OB had me go to the ER. By the time I got to the hospital, I was feeling pretty lousy and my temp had reached 102.5 degrees. The doctors ran some tests to try and figure out what was wrong with me thinking I had an infection of some sort. I spent the next four days in the hospital on some heavy antibiotics and they determined I had a really bad UTI. Fortunately, my mother-in-law was still in town and was able to take very good care of Luke and our little Colton while I was in the hospital. That really wiped me out but I'm finally feeling better and trying to adjust to my new schedule, which consists of no sleep!! Colton sleeps really well during the day and is up a lot at night. Hopefully, I can get him turned around soon!
Luke is finally warming up to Colton. This is the first time he has wanted to hold Colton and was very proud of himself.
Baby Colton will be two weeks old tomorrow. He still only weighs about 6lbs 10oz but is quickly putting on the pounds. He is a good eater...YAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
Oh that sounds awful! Those uti's can be horrible little devils. Colton looks so handsome. I don't remember Luke looking that much like him when he was a baby. You'll have to post a pic of Luke as a baby, so we can compare.
So great to see the new pics and hear how you are doing! That stinks you had to go through that in the hospital, I can't beleive you were there that long, what a hard thing to go through after just having a baby! I love seeing luke and colten. Colten is such a stud, i can't get enough. We miss you guys!!!!
Horray! I'm so glad things are getting back to normal- not that it's good that your not getting any sleep, but still, it's normal. I will try you on your cell phone to catch up more-
Oh that sucks! I am so sorry, but I am glad to hear your doing better. As for the sleeping part...good luck! Colton is so handsome and little Lukey is looking so big. We miss you guys, call when your feeling better and we can chat.
Ummm Amy, Maxi pads on the train?? He must have really missed you :)
I can't wait to see little Colten. Tell him to stay little until I can make it out there.
PS..Kate has that same outfit that Colton is wearing only in PINK of course! So cute!!
Congrats on the new arrival!!! And you look so great. Who knew you had a baby?! And how exciting that you are done with school and starting the next adventure. We love MI. Can't wait to see you guys when we get there. :)
I love you Amy! I just felt like I had to tell you. You are such a cute mom and it makes me tear up to see your brand new baby! Give that baby lots of hugs, since I can't.
Congrats guys! I didn't realize you had had your little cutie yet! Amy I am glad you are feeling better, I am so sorry that you had to go through that and I am glad that you are feeling better. He is adorable, we can't wait to meet him! Take care of yourself!!
Christina
I can't beleive the stylist turned your hair orange!!!( I bet it's not that bad) Have u asked any girls in your ward where they have gotton their hair done at? Sometimes I'll just ask people even in the grocery store!
Oh Amy! What a horrible thing to come down with!Luckily you got on top of things! Glad that Joy was there to help out and that Luke is warming up to his little brother. Things will progressively get better as time goes on. They will become so close!
You are a trooper Amy. What a blessing that things are going better. I did not know that you could be hospitalized for uti's. Your boys are so adorable!! Yes, even Jake.
luke and colton are so cute!
What a handsome BOY! Colton and Luke are going to be great friends one day. Uti's stink. been there once. Miss ya!
Hey Amy, love the pics and all the funny stories! Your little Colton is so adorable. I can't wait to see him in person! Call me sometime.
Post a Comment