Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday Daddy!

Well, Jake's Birthday has already almost come and gone and I am just barely posting this. I don't know how everyone keeps up! I think Jake now officially feels over the hill...30 is sooo old! Once again, we didn't do much to celebrate yet. We are going to celebrate next weekend, after Jake is FINALLY done with this terrible rotation. He has been working the night shift all month which consists of going in to work at 7pm and coming home at 7am. Which also means he sleeps during the day, so we see him for maybe an hour or two before he has to go in to work again...no I'm not a little bitter! He has been working 90+hour weeks. We love you Jake, thanks for being such a hard worker. We can't wait until this month is over so we can see you again! I think Luke was more excited for Jake's birthday then Jake was. He couldn't wait to show Jake his balloons and gift!

Colton on the other hand was having a hard day today. Supposedly he has a protein allergy which causes him to have an upset tummy and is colicy. Tomorrow, he is scheduled to have a scope done to find out what the problem is.

Colton is 5 weeks old today! The last time they weighed him, he was 9lbs and 21 inches long. He is a great eater and will probably pass his brother up one of these days! I love the fussy face he makes!



Colton kind of has the mullet hair style right now...bald on top and longer on the sides and back! Oh, but such a cute little guy!
Luke is growing to love his brother more and more each day. He always says how "tute"(cute) he is and comments on how "yittle"(little) his arms and legs and feet are!

6 comments:

AshleyJ said...

Ok, now Colten Looks like Luke! I love seeing pictures of everyone. Ky asked about Luke last night "Mom, where'd Luke go?" I had no idea how to explain it to her! I hope the protein problem clears up! When can you try regular milk again? Hopefully all goes well with the scope test. Fussy babies are NO fun, because that = INSANE MOMMY! Is it cold there yet?

Sarah Lee said...

Hey where are the pictures of Jake on his birthday? Are you saving those for next week?

Oh, Amy baby Colten is so cute! I can't wait to come meet him. Tell him to stay little for me :)

reber1 said...

Happy Birthday, Jake! Amy, you're keeping up better than I am! Your little guys are TOO cute! Colton is such a beautiful little guy. Try deep knee bends to help with the colic-worked like a charm with Mitch-a little tiring, but kept him quiet!

reber1 said...

Happy Birthday, Jake! Amy, you're keeping up better than I am! Your little guys are TOO cute! Colton is such a beautiful little guy. Try deep knee bends to help with the colic-worked like a charm with Mitch-a little tiring, but kept him quiet!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Happy birthday Jake!! 30, wow that's OLD!!! JK. Colton is getting so big. I am so glad he is such a good eater. How are you guys holding up in MI?

Cool-Kenna said...

happy birtday jake p.s colten is so cute!