Sunday, September 21, 2008

Five blissful years!

Jake and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary this past weekend. Wow, has the time flown by! We got our first official babysitter and went out on the town. We usually switch off with other couples b/c we've only had Luke, but with two little ones, we are going to have to start getting babysitters. I must admit, I had a hard time leaving little Colton so soon, but was nice to finally have some one on one time with my husband! We first went to this gormet pizza place called Boston's which has the BEST bbq chicken pizza we have ever had! Then we actually just went to a friend's house and played games with a bunch of other couples. Not too romantic but it was fun to get out! (I had to include a couple pictures of the boys, they are much cuter than we are!)

Jake and I have actually known each other for about 7 years. We met each other about a year after I got home from my mission. I was working at the BYU Salt Lake Center but attending the University of Utah. I used to get asked out by some random guys. One day Jake came up to the counter and I thought "he's really cute!" Anyway, he asked me for a phone book and we talked. Later that week he called me up at work and asked me on a date. This date was one of the more awkward times I've had. He gave me a personality test. I guess I passed because we are now married with two kids. This is the much shortened version. He actually dumped me after dating four or five months not knowing if I was "the one." We went our seperate ways and dated other people but also continued to date each other "as friends." After a year of doing this, Jake pretty randomly told me he wanted to marry me! And the rest is history!!!

Not the best pic but this is us at Boston's celebrating our five year wedding anniversary!!

This was taken at our friends Matt and Paige's wedding reception.

Celebrating our one year wedding anniversary.

This was taken when we were in Las Vegas looking for a place to live before we had moved there.

7 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are the cutest couple! And have the cutest boys! I am very excited to come see you in just a couple of weeks. Tell Colten to stay little for me, k?

AshleyJ said...

Man you guys are a good looking couple! Our 5 years is coming up in a couple of weeks too,I can't believe it. It sounds like it was nice to finally get out and have some alone time! Colten is getting so big! Is Luke off his "feeds" completely?! Miss you guys!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Happy anniversary! Good for you for getting a babysitter and going out! It's always hard to leave the little ones but so worth it!! Miss you guys. Come visit soon :)

Grammy Joy said...

Amy, This is Joy. I get on your blog every week or so to see the new pictures of my grandsons. I just had to comment about that personality test: That is sooooo BYU!(and I'm a BYU fan) I can't believe you still like him after that! Thanks for still liking him!!!!

Kate McEuen said...

That was a great post! Five years doesn't seem like that long, but so much has happened since then. Good times!

Oh, and those boys are sooo cute!

CCmomma said...

congrats! That's weird that I've been married longer than you but i guess i just forgot. your boys are growing big! Miss you all!

Paige said...

Congrats on 5 years! LOL about the personality test, too funny. You guys have the cutest family!